This month's Motivational Giggle is brought to you by: Reading! Yesterday, August 9th, we celebrated National Book Lovers Day. There's no better way to celebrate than reading while high! Have you tried before? If you find the right book (maybe audio books work best for you), the right cozy environment and the right mindset you may quickly get swept up into the Giggle Gangster Book Club. Now's also a great time to pick up reading as a habit again, because, well, sometimes we need a break from the world out there.
In the modern days of technology and social media mania, it seems like more and more people are opting out from the traditional practice of reading a book, but guess what? Books are trending, especially now because of the Giggle Gangster Book Club. Although we have an enormous amount of information at our fingertips on the internet, the act of reading provides a different experience and a different benefit.
5 REASONS WHY READING (+ CANNABIS) IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH*
1. Expand your mind's limits, encourages motivation and think new thoughts.
2. Melt away stress - takes you away on a "stay"cation.
3. Improve sleep through decompression and meditative activity.
4. Sharpen your memory. Fire up those parts of your brain that may stay dormant.
5. Boost your vocabulary and critical thinking.
Be the defiant one and read a book! #knowledgeispower
Robert Anton Wilson is one of Mr. Giggles' hero.
5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT BOOK LOVERS DAY**
1. The origin of the holiday is unknown but google searches for "book lovers day" started in 2007.
2. Libraries used to chain their books to shelves and you couldn't see the spine.
3. Book sales revenue has been climbing (up 5% from the year prior), while eBook sales have been decreasing - and audio books are the newest trend (up 28%).
4. The Guinness Book of World Records' fastest reader claims to read 25,000 words per minute.
5. The UN organizes World Book Day...in April. Don't fret if you missed National Book Lovers Day, because you have 256 days left to prepare.
We recommend reading while high, or letting someone read to you, like Neil DeGrasse Tyson's, Astrophysics for People In a Hurry.
What book are you reading now? CONTACT US to share to become a Giggle Gangster and get more Book Club recommendations. Share your selfies with us wearing your Giggle Gangster Beanie.
IG @giggletherapeutics / TWITTER @gigglebutter